The hands, face and neck are the most visible parts of the body and require special care. However, the hands, despite being one of the areas most exposed to external aggressions, receive much less care, and it shows.
The hands are like our identity card, one of the most faithful indicators of age and, despite everything, the great forgotten in anti-aging treatments.
The aging process is more noticeable in the hands since with the passage of time their skin tends to become thinner and looser and prominent structures such as bones and veins become more prominent, giving rise to an aged appearance.
The premature aging of the skin of the hands is increasingly common in younger women, aged between 30 and 35 years.
The atrophy of soft tissues , loss of skin elasticity and reduction of the density of the tissue as well as the appearance of wrinkles and lentigines are some key features of aging hands.
This is mainly due to the loss of hyaluronic acid and the decrease in collagen and elastin. Therefore, a hydrated skin with a higher amount of collagen and elastin remains visibly younger and firmer.
What are the signs of aging hands?
- Brown spots on the skin.
- Wrinkles and Sagging.
- Dryness or dehydration
- Redness and dilated capillaries.
- Thin skin.
- To treat the aging of the hands, in aesthetic medicine it is common to administer hyaluronic acid to restore volume, rehydrate tissue and stimulate collagen synthesis. La Paz Cerdá, a specialist in dermatology in Zaragoza , makes this treatment in his clinic with great results.
· Purpose of hyaluronic acid treatment
- With this treatment we are able to improve the visual appearance and densityof the skin. Ultimately, the goal is to achieve rejuvenation of the hands.
- For this, hyaluronic acidis injected associated with mesotherapy with vitamins , amino acids and coenzymes. The ability of hyaluronic acid to retain water is key to rehydrating and increasing tissue thickness.
· How is the treatment to rejuvenate the hands performed?
- Hydration with hyaluronic acid consists of infiltration through microinjections of hyaluronic acid on the back of the hands to produce a hydrating effect.
It is a practically painless treatment that is performed under local anesthesia, without the patient feeling any pain or discomfort.
In addition, it is a completely effective and safe treatment, ideal for any age, that provides vitality and redensifies the skin.
Results of the hand rejuvenation treatment
Treatment with cross-linked hyaluronic acid and vitamin complex provides a greater increase in the elasticity and firmness of the tissue , thanks to the ability of its active substances to synthesize collagen, elastin and fibronectin.
The combined treatment proves to be a comprehensive and effective approach in correcting the signs of aging in this specific area, in which we achieve the following results :
- Revitalizing effect
- Improves skin quality
- Recovery of hydration and elasticity levels.
- Improved texture and smoothness of the skin.
- Reduction of fine wrinkles.
- Unification of skin tone and increased luminosity.
How can we prevent aging of the hands?
As the best skin doctor in south delhi explained, the skin of the hands is thinner and therefore requires a series of special care so as not to show the passage of time. These tips will help you prevent the appearance of wrinkles and spots on your hands:
- Take care of your hands. It is necessary that, from a young age, we hydrate, exfoliate and take care of our hands.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Our hands are very exposed to solar radiation and this can damage them and accelerate the appearance of wrinkles as it dehydrates the hands. Protect your hands with high factor sun protection to combat exposure in both summer and winter.
- Use specifichand care creams . It is important that you take into account what type of skin you have and look for creams rich in assets that help combat melanin stains that the skin produces.
- It is recommended that these creams have vitamin C, to give vitality to the hands, and glyceric acid, retinoic acid or some sun protection, it will be an ideal cream to combat spots.
- Exfoliate your handsat least once a week to maintain a good appearance and not be so noticeable over the years. Exfoliation removes impurities from the surface of the skin to increase its permeability. In addition, this way you will favor the penetration of the active principles of the creams.
- Use mild soaps. The best thing to do to make them soft and healthy is to use soaps with a neutral pH.
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles are folds of the skin that are formed as a result of the action of the muscles due to the gestures that we carry out daily.
As we age, and inevitably, these folds become more evident due to the changes that occur in the different layers of the skin. The epidermis (the outermost layer) becomes thinner; In the dermis, the production of collagen and elastic fibers necessary to maintain firmness and dermal hydration decreases, and in the hypodermis (the deepest part) there is a loss of fatty tissue, which is the foundation of all the architecture of the skin.
At the origin of all wrinkles is also dehydration . When the skin loses water the epidermis becomes dry and rough.
Types of wrinkles
There are mainly four types of wrinkles:
- Static wrinkles: They are those that appear due to the natural loss of tissue volume, collagen and elasticity.
- Dynamic wrinkles: They are formed by repetitive facial movements, such as frowning, smiling, squinting, and puckering the mouth. They are called expression wrinkles.
- Gravitational wrinkles: are wrinkles that occur as a result of the aging process.
- Mixed wrinkles: They are those that appear due to the action of gravity, facial movements and aging.